Scott Hartinger practices primarily in the areas of personal injury, workers’ compensation, business litigation, traffic/criminal and family law, but has experience in all of the firm’s practice areas. Scott is also a trained mediator.
Scott is a 1993 graduate of Mount Saint Mary’s College in Emmitsburg, Maryland and received his J.D. in 1996 from Widener University School of Law in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Following law school, Scott served as a Law Clerk for the Honorable James L. Ryan in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland. Scott practices in both Maryland and the District of Columbia, where he is admitted to practice by the following courts: Court of Appeals of Maryland, United States District Court for the District of Maryland, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, District of Columbia Court of Appeals, United States District Court for the District of Columbia, United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Through Bar Association activities as well as through individual efforts, Scott has been involved in volunteer efforts for various organizations throughout the community. He resides in Middletown with his wife Jennifer and their children, Thomas and Kate.
- Personal injury
- Workers’ compensation
- Business litigation
- Family law
State: District of Columbia
Professional & Civic Activities
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County
- Bar Association of Frederick County
Court: United States District Court for the District of Maryland
School: Mount St. Mary’s
Year Graduated: 1993
School: Widener University School of Law
Degree: Juris Doctorate
Year Graduated: 1996
- Fellow of the Maryland Bar Foundation
- President, Treasurer & Secretary of the Bar Association of Frederick County
- W. Jerome Offutt Award for Professionalism and Civility
- James McSherry Memorial Award for service to the Bar Association of Frederick County
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Personal Litigation (2009 & 2010)